Did you know?
- In low-income homes there is on average only 1 book for every 300 children? By comparison, in middle and high-income homes each child has an average of 50 books.
- Kids who only read in school will rarely be great readers. The availability of reading material in the home is directly associated with children’s achievement in reading.
- Reading proficiently is the most significant indicator of academic success.
At Book it Forward! Idaho we collect gently-used books, clean and sort them and get them to kids who have little or no access to books at home.
Here’s how you can help:
- Support our efforts by attending the LAUNCH of our holiday book drive on October 29th at Barnes & Noble, 1315 N Milwaukee.
- A percentage of your purchases made from October 29th to November 4th will help raise funds for new books for kids. Mention us or present the bar code coupon when you pay for your purchases.
- You can also buy a new book for a deserving child from October 29th to December 31st!
- Come in your costume and enter to win a B&N gift card and novelty!
Your generous support of new books purchased will go to kids in the Treasure Valley who need books at home. And in time for the holidays!